When it comes to the many things that are needed to keep a home operational, water heater installation is one of the inevitable. Some people trade cars often enough to never need to replace the tires, but swapping out a house to avoid water heater installation is not nearly as feasible. Here are the most common, and a few not-so-common, reasons you’ll probably need water heater installation at least once in your lifetime.
1. Typical Lifespan – Water heaters do not last forever. While many things can affect their lifespan, including the amount of usage and adherence to preventative maintenance, the typical traditional water heater will last 10 to 20 years and a tankless water heater as much as 30 years. The quality of the water heater chosen can also make a difference, so if you are facing new water heater installation, choose one that will last at least as long as you plan to own your home so you won’t need to go through it again.
2. Wrong Size – Having the wrong size of water heater is a less common reason for wanting new water heater installation. Most homes are built with the appropriate size for the home based on industry standards and codes. However, in some cases, the water heater size is not sufficient for a specific family’s demand. For example, if you have a large garden tub and love hot baths, you may find the tank can’t handle filling it appropriately. An upgraded size would resolve this problem.
3. Damage – On rare occasions, a water heater can become damaged. An electrical surge, for example, can damage it to the point where the repair cost would not make sense and water heater installation is the wiser path.
4. Efficiency – An older water heater may be very inefficient and you desire one that will be gentler to your utility bill.
5. New Construction – If you are having a new home built, take the time when selecting the water heater so that it suits your family’s demand and the plan for being in your home.
Whether reason, common or not, that you need water heater installation, give us a call at Hall’s Plumbing. We are happy to provide you with a quote for replacing your water heater or installing one in a new home or business. You can count on us to show up on time and do what we say we’re going to do. We back that up with an on-time guarantee – we pay you $5 for each minute we’re late, up to $300. We understand that a nice, hot bath is important to you – and maybe even to the furry members of your family, so we take great care to get your water heater installation done quickly and properly.